Make an impact in your community and invest in the place you call home.
Membership is open to individuals and organizations that support TSSEC’s objectives to support Salt Spring's green businesses and projects and to keep money circulating in our community.
We are seeking patient lenders and investors with a long investment horizon, more interested in contributing to the health of our community than growing wealth.
When you become a member of
Transition Salt Spring Enterprise Co-operative, you:
- Will be the first to know about local lending and investment opportunities,
- Will receive regular updates on local loans and investment opportunities through newsletters and meetings,
- Become part of a community of local lenders and investors,
- Can advise on the Board of Directors or one of the Investment Committees,
- Can run for a board position,
- Can become a mentor to a local business or community organization, and
- Receive interest on loans.
To become a member, you must complete the membership application and purchase one membership share for $100, fully redeemable, subject to the Cooperative Association Act and TSSEC articles. Members may purchase more than one membership share but only have one vote at membership meetings. The maximum amount a member may lend or invest in TSSEC is $10,000 under the BC Securities co-op exemption rules, unless the member is an accredited investor or meets other other exemption criteria. Please inquire about potential exemption opportunities.
If you prefer a printable application, please email TSSEnterpriseCoop@gmail.com
Who is eligible to becomes a member in the investment co-op?
Membership is open to individuals and organizations that support TSSEC's mandate or can use its services. Members must be at least 16 years of age. Our membership at present is drawn from the Salt Spring community.